My list of 'blogs I follow' is growing by the minute and most of them contain runners/triathletes who not only love the sport, maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, and are obsessed with either FroYo or Cupcakes. Now we all know I love a good cupcake and I think if given a 'Door 1 or 2' choice between a FroYo store and Cupcake store I'd opt for the latter. BUT, on recent visits to Seattle I've been known to make back-to-back visits to Menchie's. As a noob to the frozen yogurt craze I had no idea how addicting this stuff can be!
Let me paint you a picture:
- Self Serve
- At least a dozen options of frozen yogurt
- The ability to mix and match
- The ability to SAMPLE (pretty much outweighs the rest)
- A plethora of dry toppings (ranging from mini junior mints, mini cookie dough balls to fruit loops - what the what?!)
- Several sauce options - marshmallow cream (haven't tried), hot fudge, caramel...need I say more?
So yeah. I get it and I'm a fan. One word of warning - don't overkill on the toppings. Keeping it simple makes the mix taste good. I've had one run in with overkill but that was post wine so no fault of mine. In case you wanted to know the nasty combo - pumpkin and chocolate yogurt with Kit-Kat bits, Twix bits, cookie dough bits, and hot fudge. The pumpkin killed it.
And lastly - I'm so glad we don't have a place like Menchie's in Bellingham. I'd have to run twice as far!